Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New Blog on the Block: Gamesthetic

I'm always a fan of new LARP blogs that come out, no matter what the information is about.  I'm also a bit of a nut for theory on rules and game design.

So it's no surprise that I'm pretty excited about Rob Ciccolini's new blog, Gamesthetic.

For those of you who are not familiar with Rob's work, you need look no further than the Madrigal and the Accelerant ruleset.  He's been involved with LARPing for a very long time and has played in tons of different systems, and those experiences have shaped the simple and intuitive nature of his game.

Even though he only has a few posts so far, I find that most of them contain some gem of information that sparks insight in my mind, such as his suggestion to focus on player interaction rather than plot interaction if you want to become involved.

If you consider yourself a connoisseur of game design, or are running a game and really want to take it to the next level, I highly suggest that you subscribe to his blog and read it religiously.

You can get to his blog at http://gamesthetic.blogspot.com/ or in the blogroll on this blog.   

No comments:

Post a Comment